Friday, September 4, 2009

Ever felt like...?

I was talking with a friend the other day, and he asked me, "Have you ever been at the point where you've planned out an activity, promoted it all you can, made sure every detail is in place, everything is ready to go, but it all hinges on whether the people actually show up or not?" I quickly responded, "Yes, I'm a Youth Minister..."

Had our doctor's appointment yesterday, everything seems to be going fine with Addison. Now we just wait on her to decide to make her appearance. I have a "baby pool" posted on my office door where people can mark down their guess as to what day Addison will be born. Several people don't seem swayed by the fact that the doctor says it could be any day, and they're still guessing the due date (Oct. 1st), or even after. One teen guessed Labor Day because he thought that would be ironic. Several guesses have been for Sept. 9th (9-09-09), with even one guess being for 9:09 in the morning. With the exception of those two days, there haven't been any other guesses for next week. I guess we'll see if Addison surprises everyone. I know her mom is hoping for "as soon as possible". The doctor has said that it will be fine for her to come whenever she's ready at this point, so Shiloh's thought is, "Why wait?!" I just keep thinking that she can't come on a Sunday or Wednesday night, or any other time I have a Youth Group thing planned. And of course, I know that is exactly when she'll decide to show up. (And just to calm your concerns, I know that Youth Group stuff will go on just fine without me while I drop everything and welcome my little girl to this world. At least, that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.)

Hope you and your families have a great Labor Day weekend. I'll let you know if we have a special Labor Day of our own.

Get Real & Live It!

2 comments:

  1. I saw one blog on your block that was a little cuter. No offense Shiloh. I wore my MoMo shirt yesterday. I love when people read it and have no idea what to think.

    BTW, did somebody really ask you that or were you just using creative liscense to make a fantastic blog post about waiting for your baby girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And even if it does not go fine with the YG stuff, that will be okay also.

    ReplyDelete