Thursday, August 20, 2009

Speaking of Changes...my house has a nursery!

So yeah, when talking about changes that are happening in my life right now, obviously the biggest one is that Ms. Addison is about to show up and change my whole world. Numerous things will be changing once she shows up (and have already begun to change before she's even here, of course) and the one that is on my mind tonight is that I will now live in a house that has a nursery.

Back in June, Shiloh and I started putting together the room that would become the nursery. That meant changing our "guest room" into the nursery, which meant turning the basement into our "guest room". The summer is a hard time for a Youth Minister to try and tackle a project like that...but its finally done. We've pretty much got the basement set up in two halves...one half to be our guest room, and the other half to be Shiloh's craft room. But probably more importantly, we have the guest room now officially turned in to the nursery.

The room was blue, and of course, that wouldn't work for our little girl...so we had to decide on a color that would be good for her.
We didn't want an all-pink room, but we needed a "girly" color. So we decided on yellow. I tried to convince Shiloh that we should leave the top third of the room blue, mainly so that I wouldn't have to paint that part. But that didn't work, so the whole room got painted. But first I decided that I needed to prime the walls, to make it easier for the yellow to cover the blue.
Shiloh's dad & step-mom were able to come in to town last weekend, and they were both a great help to us as we tried to get our house decorated (since we still had not done much of that since we moved in back in March) and Van was especially great to help get the nursery fully painted.
And after the room was painted, I added this tree in the corner to make it more than just a yellow room.
And then, once the tree was up, we added these butterflies and flowers to make it even more girly for little Addison.


And so, the last bit of decorations will be going up in the next week or so, but its pretty much done. Now if we can get the baby showers done (this weekend and next), I guess we'll be fairly ready for Addison to show up! (Or at least as ready as we can be!)



So, that's the big change that's on my mind right now...I guess I'll share about more changes later. Have a great weekend!

Get Real & Live It!

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and I am so excited to see our little girl actually in the room!

    ReplyDelete