Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ch-ch-changes...

From "The Best of Bowie (or Hunky Dory) - Changes":

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strain
...
Ch-ch-changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me,
But I can't trace time

Its been quite a while since I even had the thought of attempting to write a blog. Shiloh has had a blog for a little over a year now (I think) and I've sort of been vicariously blog-living through her. I always seem to have the problem of not really knowing what I would write about everyday to make it worth having a blog. And I didn't really want to be someone who only wrote about having a kid (not that its bad...I enjoy reading about your kid, I just don't want to ONLY write about that part of my life). And I'm not a preacher and don't have a desire to be, so I don't have deep inspirational stuff that pops into my head everyday that I can write devotional thoughts about each morning. But I do have "stuff" that pops into my head everyday...and Shiloh and I are having a baby soon (any week now, really)...and there is a lot of stuff going on that might be entertaining or interesting to other people...so I guess I'll give it a try and see what comes out of it.

As the song says at the beginning of this post, Changes...you're gonna have to turn and face the strain and be a different man. I'm about to be a dad, and I have this funny feeling that my life is going to change forever. I've been around different dads pretty much all my life (imagine that), and I have some excellent examples to follow, so I'm not really nervous about the actual "being a dad" part. I am fully comfortable knowing that I'm going to probably screw this up a time or two. What is starting to make me nervous are the times that I'm going to think I'm not screwing it up...that I'm doing a really good job. So I'm nervous about my confidence level, and how I'm going to handle all these changes. Already last week, I found myself sitting in my living room watching "Mamma Mia!" with Shiloh. Just one of many questionable (see: bad) decisions that will be made by the females in my life, I'm sure. And I'm sure there will be bigger changes than just what is on the TV.

There are lots of other changes going on right now, too, but I should probably save some of them for another day when I can't think of something else to blog about.

I guess that makes the first post completed!

Get Real & Live It!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging. I can't wait to read all the "stuff".

    ReplyDelete